Make a Queen Elizabeth I mask
You will need
- 1 x A4 sheet of 160gsm card (thin card suitable for use in a printer)
- Colour pencils or crayons
- Glue or Stapler
- Elastic, ribbon or string
- Sticky tape
- Pea cane or a stick
- If you have them: sequins, stars, fake fur, wool
Tip: You could try using different coloured card for the ears and fringe!
- Print out both sheets of this mask design on to 160gsm card
- Colour in with pencils or crayons. Look closely at the painting of Queen Elizabeth I and the Mask Gallery for more ideas
- Cut out along the lines marked with a scissor symbol
- Decorate with sequins and stars for jewels. You could also use wool or fake fur for Elizabeth’s hair!
- Staple the elastic, ribbon or string on to the sides of the mask where you see the ‘o’
- Tape the stick or pea cane into place on the back or your mask’s chin
Now, I wonder what your character will say?
© Vanessa Clifton-Lawrence 2003